I have been on a HUGE Twin Peaks binge as of late, and I can’t explain why. Maybe it’s because I just found these panties while in an Etsy k-hole. Maybe it’s because I have been wearing a lot of plaid and lipstick and dancing seductively for no one. Or maybe it’s because David Lynch’s series is something that you can’t escape. Once you watch it, you are a part of it; you have walked through the Black Lodge, and now there is something dark and twisted living inside of you.
Anyway, due to the slow pace at work over the past couple of days, I was able to putz around on photoshop and make this collage and pick through the dark corners of the Interwebs to find the music that I find best suits the mood of Twin Peaks, at least through my eyes.
- “For You” – Sharon van Etten
- “Straight To You” – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- “All My Stars Aligned” – St. Vincent
- “Veridis Quo” – Daft Punk
- “Seekers Who Are Lovers” – Cocteau Twins
- “Shadowplay” – Joy Division
- “A Song For Europe” – Roxy Music*
- “Mysteries of Love” – Julee Cruise
- “Destiny” – Zero 7
- “You” – Bibio**
- “Some Things Last A Long Time” – Beach House
*This song is from one of my favorite Rainer Werner Fassbinder films, “In A Year With 13 Moons.” I suggest you watch it, but will warn you about the extremely graphic slaughterhouse sequence. Ten minutes of cows getting butchered. But other than that, tragic and beautiful
**If you opt to listen to the mix on Spotify, this song is not available – it is from Bibio’s upcoming album, Silver Wilkinson, due out May 14th.